The distance from Chicago to New Jersey is 811.4 miles or 1305 kilometers. If you were to drive this route, it would take approximately 12 hours and 39 minutes. However, if you took a flight, the travel time would be reduced to just 2 hours and 9 minutes.
While the driving time may seem excessive, there are actually quite a few things to see and do along the way. For example, you could stop in Cleveland to check out the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or in Pittsburgh to see the Andy Warhol Museum.
No matter how you choose to travel from Chicago to New Jersey, it is sure to be an adventure!
About New Jersey:
New Jersey is a state in the Northeastern and mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. It is bordered on the north and east by New York, on the southeast and south by the Atlantic Ocean, on the west by Pennsylvania, and on the southwest by Delaware. New Jersey is the fourth-smallest state but the 11th-most populous, with 8.879 million residents as of 2020. The capital is Trenton, while the largest city is Newark. All but one county in New Jersey lies within the combined statistical areas of New York City or Philadelphia; consequently, these two metropolitan areas form key elements of a large region commonly referred to as just "North Jersey," "Central Jersey," or simply "Jersey."
Place To Must Visit in New Jersey:
There are plenty of places to visit in New Jersey, and whether you're looking for a romantic getaway or a family vacation, there's something for everyone. Here are just a few of the must-see attractions in the Garden State:
- The Newark Museum: This museum is one of the largest in the country and has a wide variety of exhibits, including a planetarium.
- The Liberty Science Center: This center is perfect for those who love science and technology. It has interactive exhibits as well as a planetarium.
- The Adventure Aquarium: This aquarium is located in Camden and is home to over 15,000 aquatic animals.
- Six Flags Great Adventure: This amusement park is located in Jackson and features rides, shows, and a water park.
- The Cape May Zoo: This zoo is home to over 500 animals and is located in Cape May.
- The Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area: This recreation area spans over 70,000 acres and offers hiking, camping, fishing, and more.
- The Statue of Liberty: This iconic statue is located on Liberty Island in New York Harbor.
- Ellis Island: This island was the entry point for millions of immigrants to the United States and is now a museum.
- The Princeton University Art Museum: This museum houses over 113,000 works of art from around the world.
- The New Jersey State Museum: This museum is located in Trenton and has exhibits on the state's history, art, and science.
Which is The Best Time To Visit New Jersey?
If you're looking to enjoy pleasant weather without large crowds and high prices, consider visiting New Jersey during the shoulder seasons of late spring or fall. April, May, September, and October typically have comfortable temperatures but aren't as busy as the summer months. The weather is still warm enough to enjoy the beach, but you'll avoid the hectic pace and inflated prices that come with peak tourist season. Plus, there are plenty of festivals and events held throughout the year to add some excitement to your trip.
When is the most economical time to travel to New Jersey?
Most people would say wintertime, and they would be correct! Many businesses offer discounts on accommodations and activities during the winter months when fewer people are traveling. However, it's important to keep in mind that some businesses along the coastline may be closed during the winter. So if you're planning a trip to New Jersey, consider visiting during the winter to take advantage of lower rates.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Far is Chicago From New Jersey?
The distance between Chicago and New Jersey is 1305 KM.
Is New York City in New Jersey?
No, New York City is not in New Jersey. It is located in the state of New York.
What is the Population of Newark, New Jersey?
The population of Newark, New Jersey, is approximately 277,140.
How far is Chicago from New Jersey by car?
The distance between Chicago and New Jersey is approximately 5 hours by car.
How To Reach Airport When You Have a Flight From Chicago To New Jersey?
The best way to reach the airport when you have a flight from Chicago to New Jersey is by taking a limo. This will ensure that you arrive on time and in style!
New Jersey is a great place to visit, whether you're looking for a romantic getaway or a family vacation. There are plenty of things to see and do, and the state has something for everyone. Of course, the best time to visit New Jersey is during the shoulder seasons of late spring or fall when the weather is pleasant, but the crowds and prices are lower. And if you're looking for a bargain, consider visiting during the winter, when many businesses offer discounts. Whatever time of year you visit, you're sure to have a great time in New Jersey!