The distance between Chicago to Wisconsin Dells is 193.2 mi or 310.93 km. The time will be 3 hours and 20 minutes. The router will be I-90 W. This trip can easily be done in a day, especially if you leave early in the morning. But, of course, you can always break it up into two days and stay overnight somewhere along the way.
If you're looking for things to do once you reach Wisconsin Dells, there are plenty of options. You can go sightseeing, hiking, biking, swimming, or even just relaxing at one of the many resorts. No matter what you choose to do, you're sure to have a great time!
Moreover, If you're looking to travel by air, the trip from Chicago to Wisconsin Dells will take you around an hour and five minutes. The airport you'll be landing in is Dane County Regional Airport, which is located about 18 miles from downtown Wisconsin Dells. From there, you can either rent a car or take a shuttle bus into town.
About Wisconsin Dells:
The Wisconsin Dells is a city in south-central Wisconsin, with a population of 2,994 people as of 2022. It is the county seat of Columbia County and the principal city of the Wisconsin Dells Micropolitan Statistical Area. The city takes its name from the Dells of the Wisconsin River, a gorge on its western side, one of many features carved out of the river's valley.
In Addition, The Wisconsin Dells is a noted tourist destination in the Midwest due largely to several water parks and amusement parks. The region also boasts several natural attractions, such as the Wisconsin Dells Scenic Park, Circus World Museum, and Noah's Ark Waterpark.
5 Must Visit Places in Wisconsin Dells:
- Noah's Ark Waterpark - The largest waterpark in America, Noah's Ark is a must-visit for anyone looking to cool off and have some fun. With over 80 slides and attractions, this massive waterpark has something for everyone.
- Wilderness Hotel & Golf Resort - This luxurious resort is the perfect place to relax and enjoy all Wisconsin Dells offers. With beautiful accommodations, championship golf, and plenty of activities, the Wilderness Hotel is a great choice for a getaway.
- Kalahari Resort - Another large waterpark resort, Kalahari, is a great place to bring the family for a fun-filled vacation. With over 200 slides and rides, this popular destination has no shortage of thrills.
- Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park - A favorite among locals, Mt. Olympus, is a great place to spend a day or two. There's something for everyone at this large complex with both water and theme park rides.
- Wisconsin Dells Visitor Information Center - A must-visit for first-time visitors to Wisconsin Dells, the visitor center has information on all the best attractions and activities in the area. Be sure to pick up a map and brochures before exploring everything this town offers!
Best Time To Visit Wisconsin Dells:
The best time to visit Wisconsin Dells is spring, summer, or fall. The exact peak times are March, July, and October, respectively. That's when the Midwest destination shines with its best attractions open and available.
Wisconsin Dells is a great place to visit any time of year, but the best time to go is during the spring and fall shoulder seasons. The weather is milder, and the crowds are smaller. Plus, many of the area's top attractions are open during those months. If you're looking for the busiest time to visit Wisconsin Dells, that would be during the summer months of June, July, and August. But even then, there's plenty of fun if you don't mind the heat and the crowds.
Just remember, no matter when you visit Wisconsin Dells, to come prepared with your sunscreen, swimsuit, and sense of adventure!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How far is Wisconsin Dells from Chicago?
A: Wisconsin Dells is about a 1.5-hour approx drive from Chicago.
Q: What attractions are open year-round in Wisconsin Dells?
A: The most popular attractions open year-round include Noah's Ark Waterpark, Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park, Kalahari Waterparks, and the Wisconsin Deer Park.
Q: What's the best time of year to visit Wisconsin Dells?
A: The best time to visit Wisconsin Dells is during the shoulder seasons of March, April, May, September, and October.
Q: What's the best way to reach the airport when you have a flight from Chicago Airport to Wisconsin Dells?
A: Limo in Chicago is the best way to reach the airport when you have a flight from Chicago Airport to Wisconsin Dells. Many different companies in the city provide limousine services, and they can take you directly to the airport.
Q: What is there to do in Wisconsin Dells for families?
A: Wisconsin Dells is a great destination for families with plenty of things to do for everyone. Some popular activities include waterparks, go-karts, indoor and outdoor mini golf, ziplining, horseback riding, and more.
Q: What are some of the best restaurants in Wisconsin Dells?
A: Some of the best restaurants in Wisconsin Dells include House of Embers, River Walk Cafe, Ishnala Supper Club, and more.
Q: What are some of the best hotels in Wisconsin Dells?
A: Some of the best hotels in Wisconsin Dells include the Wilderness Resort, Great Wolf Lodge, Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, and more.
As you can see, there are plenty of great reasons to visit Wisconsin Dells. Whether you're looking for a family-friendly destination or a place to enjoy the outdoors, you'll find it all in this Midwest town. So, what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today!